Friday, May 8, 2015

Semester In Review

Working on the MeNext android app this semester has allowed me to learn alot about android development as well as programming in general. This is the first time I have worked on someone else's code base (Josh's) and it was very informative. By looking at his code I found out how to do alot of things that had previously been too confusing to figure out through reading stack overflow posts. My app last semester had the basic functionality done but did not have any sort of flow between different parts of the app. Looking at Josh's code I was finally able to understand the "lifecycle" of an app. Also, while working on the app I redesigned parts and had to figure out how to fit everything together which was a fun puzzle. I wanted to get to a point where I could upload my version of the app to the google play store at the end of the semester but right now that doesn't seem like the best idea. There are features josh has added to the backend which I still need to make available on the app as well as things I have added to the app which are not supported on the backend as of yet. Because of this we have decided to bring all versions of the service (web, IOS, android, windows?) up to the same level and do a widespread release and call it 2.0 I am looking forward to returning to work on MeNext semester and will probably end up tinkering with it periodically throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment