Monday, August 4, 2014

Android update

I'm not going to lie, working with Android is a nightmare. The IDE Google provides is barely functional, the toolchain used to build the application is temperamental at best, and the ADT in general just shoves everything that Java does wrong down your throat. I've made progress, just very little. This project has been mostly a learning experience with a new platform that I can honestly say I've come to hate. If there are any experienced developers that want to take over the reins on this project, shoot me an email at

The progress I have made includes sanitizing the user's input, a semi-functional login, and an updated UI. Though if someone does decide to take over this project, I'd love to be able to finish the artwork for it, since that's really what I wanted to do originally anyway. If not, I'll do my best to crunch out something that at least works by November for the hackathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment